Need help setting up your Overhead Door garage door opener app? The OHDAnywhere to an Apple iPhone or Android device.
What is the OHD Anywhere?
The OHDAnywhere is a device that you hook on to the back on your garage door so you can monitor your garage door from your phone with an app.
This device allows you to remotely control and monitor the status of your garage door using your phone.
The video below will walk you through the installation and programming of this garage door opener app. You can also find the quick set-up guide instructions included with this device to verify that your garage door opener and phone/tablet are compatible with the OHD Anywhere App/Device System.
Steps to follow to program phone to garage door opener and OHD Anywhere device:
- Go into your house so you are close to your Wi-Fi Router:
- Remove mounting bracket from the back of the Door Control Module or DCM.
- Plug the OHD Anywhere into a wall outlet with the Power Pack.
- Plug Power Pack into DCM controller.
Step 2: While in the house close to your Wi-Fi router, download the OHD Anywhere app on your phone.
- Scan the QR code below or visit your devices app store to start the set-up of the OHD Anywhere device.
- Follow the on-screen menus to create an account and program system prior to programming in the garage.
- At the installation prompt, disconnect Power Pack and move system to the garage.
In the Garage: These factors must be determined prior to mounting OHD Anywhere™ (DCM) to the wall or ceiling.
- Optimal Wi-Fi signal strength.
If an optimal signal cannot be located within the garage, move the wireless router closer to the garage or install a Wi-Fi range extender (available from most electronic stores.
- Desired DCM location.
- Access to 110VAC outlet within 5 feet.
- Plug Power Pack into wall outlet and DCM near the chosen mounting location.
The WI-FI signal indicator LED should illuminate signaling that the Wi-Fi signal is still in tact.
- A GREEN LED indicates a good Wi-Fi signal.
- A RED LED, indicates a lost or faulty signal. Move OHD Anywhere™ to a position that better suits the Wi-Fi signal from the router. Contact Customer Service for further
2. Once an optimal signal and location is obtained, UNPLUG Power Pack from the DCM and continue to STEP 4.
Wire OHD Anywhere™: (Single door install shown) OHD Anywhere™ will wire directly to the wall control connections at the powerhead or directly to the wall control. New Overhead Door models shown. Visit www.OverheadDoor.com/OHDAnywhere for more information on older models and other brands of garage door openers.
- Make sure garage door opener is unplugged.
• Leave wire spool intact for this part of the install.
- Split provided dual strand wire approximately 2 in. then strip 1/2 in. of insulation.
- Press orange tabs down and insert both wires into connection points for DOOR 1 on the back of the DCM. FIG. B.
- Trim and split the other end of the dual strand wire approximately 2 in. and then strip 1/2 in. of insulation. FIG. A.
- Insert wire into wall control inputs either:
• (OPTION A) Directly to the garage door opener.
• (OPTION B) To the Back of the wall control.
Step 5: Mount and Power OHD Anywhere™
- Using the DCM mounting bracket as a template at the optimal Wi-Fi location. Mark and drill 2-3/32” pilot holes and mount bracket to wall using supplied screws. If mounting to drywall, use anchors provided in kit or if mounting to perforated angle at opener location, use nuts, washers and screws provided.
- Plug Power Pack into wall outlet. An extended screw is provided to secure Power Pack to outlet if needed.
- Plug Power Pack into back of DCM as shown in STEP 1. NOTE: LEDs on DCM will flash momentarily as it reacquires signals.
- Snap DCM onto mounting bracket.
- Route wires and secure with supplied staples.
- Affix the warning placard next to wall control or DCM in plain sight to signify that the door will operate remotely.
STEP 6: Mount DPS (Door Position Sensor) Module to Garage Door:
DO NOT remove the battery “PULL TAB” from DPS until directed by the app.
The DPS should be mounted on the TOP door panel only. Mount to steel reinforced end stile on the far left or right under the top hinge. DO NOT mount to unreinforced door panel.
- Clean door where DPS will mount.
- Install double sided tape to back of mounting bracket and affix to door.
NOTE: Double sided tape is designed to hold bracket in place temporarily only. Not to be used for permanent mounting.
- Pre-drill 2 - 3/32 holes. DO NOT drill all the way through door.
- Use included self tapping screws to mount DPS bracket to top door panel end stile.
- Slide DPS down onto mounting bracket. DPS should snap onto bracket. NOTE: The DPS included with this kit is already programmed to the DCM. See the NOTE under STEP 7 regarding additional sensors (DPS)
Step 7: Complete the Programming
- Restore power to the garage door opener.
- Follow the on screen prompts to complete the set-up and test the OHD Anywhere™ system. NOTE: This kit includes one DPS for use with one door only. The DPS included is already programmed to the DCM . Additional sensors can be purchased separately from your local Overhead Door retailer.To program additional sensors, first complete STEP 7 initial setups and programming, then go to “Add a Door Sensor” under the “Doors” tab inside the app or view the installation video below. NOTE: A white light will flash and an audible beep will sound as an indication that the door is about to move when commanded by the Aladdin Connect™ or other compatible app(s).
These instructions were provided by Overhead Door at http://www.overheaddoor.com/Documents/ohdanywhere-instruction-poster-english.pdf